If you are a new person seeking Dr Kondekars Appointment, please visit www.pedneuromumbai.wordpress.com
There are three questionaire: These questionaire are a mean of priming your doctor about the case before an appointment so that you will ask specific questions and save time for quality consultation.
1. For Neuro epilepsy Developmental and LD or CP cases fill up the first questionaire with details asked for.
2. Second questionaire is for suspected cases of autism and speech delay. Actually all such cases shall fill up both these questionaire. This DSM 5 autism questionairree helps doctor gather infomration to understand severity of a case and plan goals for sequential course over 100 days.
3.Third form or questionaire is for follow up cases for subsequent visits to document changes since last visit.
Data entered in all these forms will be strictly confidential and it reaches directly to the email box of Dr Kondekar.
4.Also there is a format of objective sequential weekly monitoring of autism kids, to be downlaoded printed and filled by parents every sunday with a score of -5 to +5.
5. There is a booklet of FAQ on Autism Prepared by Dr Kondekar at the same website for reading and udnerstanding the concept.
6. Whatsapp in above group for an additional booklet on home based tips and management, home based therapy ideas, and lists of various sensory issues, and also for individualised tips, shared videos of parents talking about improvement, stages of speech development, management of gut issues, respiratory issues and hyper kinetism etc.
7. Read Dr Kondekars Protocol for Autism care in Mumbai at https://kondekar.weebly.com/autism-adhd.html
8. Read standard DSM criteria fo ASD ADHD on this page in links section at bottom.
9. use comments / forum section here to ask open queries if you dont wish to disclose mobile number.
10. For other health related queries / video consultations and advice regarding various therapies visit www.kondekar.com and select articles from drop down box.
12. Free whatsapp with Dr at 9869405747
13. Text advice is free you may visit www.peditips.com for same.
14. Free Whatsapp help and support group for Parents of Neuro developmental Issues.
AUTISM DSM 5 CRITERIA: DR KONDEKAR MUMBAI 98694-05747
A: SOCIAL COMMUNICATION AND INTERACTION: PERSISTENT DEFICIT: ONE EACH OF A1 A2 A3 IS MUST
A1: ANY 1 OF FOLLOWING IS ENOUGH: SOCIAL EMOTIONAL RECIPROCITY-1. SOCIAL APPROACH ABNORMAL,2. ABNORMAL BACK FORTH CONVERSATION, 3. REDUCED SHARING OF INTEREST EMOTION/ AFFECT,4. FAILURE TO INITIATE OR RESPOND TO SOCIAL INRTERACTIONS
A 2: ANY 1 OF THE DEFICIT IN NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION –1. POOR VERBAL / NON VERBAL COMMUNICATION, POOR EYE CONTACT, 2. POOR BODY LANGUAGE,3. DEFICIT IN GESTURE USE OR 4. TOTAL LACK OF FACIAL EXPRESSIONS OR NON VERBAL COMMUNICATION
A3: 1. DEFICIT IN DEVELOPING MAINTAINING AND UNDERSTANDING RELATIONSHIPS 2. DIFFICUTY ADJUSTING BEHAVIOR TO SUIT VARIOUS SOCIAL CONTEXT 3. DIFFICULTY IN SHARING IMAGINATIVE PLAY OR MAKING FRIENDS 4. ABSENCE OF INTEREST IN PEERS
B: ANY 2 OF THE FOLLOWING: RESTRICTED, REPITIVE PATTERNS OF BEHAVIOUR, OR INTEREST, OR ACTIVITIES
B 1: ANY 1 OF STEREOTYPED OR REPITITVE MOTOR MOVEMENTS ANYY ONE OF: 1.USE OF OBJECTS 2. SIMPLE MOTOR STEREOTYPES 3. LINING UP TOYS 4. FLIPPING OBJECTS 5. ECHOLALIA 6. IDIOSYNCHRATIC PHRASES
B2: ANY 1 OF SAMENESS / RIGIDNESS/ INFLEXIBILITY/ RITUALITY VERBAL OR NON VERBAL: 1. EXTREME DISTRESS AT SMALL CHANGES 2. DIFFICULTY ITH CHANGE OR TRANSITION 3. RIGID THINKING PATTERN 4. GREETING RITUALS 5. NEED TO TAKE SAME ROUTE 6. EAT SAME FOOD EVERY DAY
B3: ANY 1 OF RESTRICTED FIXATD INTEREST OF ABNORMAL INTENSITY / FOCUS: 1. STRONG ATTACHMENT / PREOCCUPATION WITH UNUSUAL OBJECTS 2. EXCESSIVE CIRCUMSCRIBED OR PERSERVATIVE INTERESTS
B4: HYPER OR HYPO REACTIVITY TO SENSORY INPUT OR UNUSUAL INTEREST IN SENSORY ASPECTS AROUND 1. APPARENT INDIFFERRENCE TO PAIN AND TEMPERATURE 2. ADVERSE RESPONSE TO SOUND OR TEXTURE 3. EXCESSIVE SMELLING OR TOUCHING OF OBJECTS 4. VISUAL FASCINATION WITH LIGHT OR MOVEMENT
C: MUST BE PRESENT SINCE BELOW AGE 6 YEAR, MAY BE MASKED IN LATER AGE, MAY NOT BE MANIFEST UNLESS DEMAND OR STRESS D: CLINICALLY SIGNIFICANT IMPAIRMENT IN SOCIAL OCCUPATIONAL FUNCTIONING E.IF ASSOCIATED DEVELOPMENTAL DELAY OR INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY; SOCIAL COMMUNICATION SHOULD BE AGE INAPPROPRIATE FOR DEVELOPMENTAL AGE